Sponsored by Adirondack Photography Institute
|When||Posted in June, Offered Twice|
|Where||Posted in June|
|Cost||Included in your registration|
Featuring my latest still images, time-lapse sequences and video, I’ll share insights and techniques gleaned from moments of inspiration and revelation, that viewers can use to dramatically improve their own imagery. Inspiration — when events coalesced to create heartfelt imagery, and revelation — when, in the light of personal discovery, I realized a specific strategy or technique capable of remarkable artistic effect.
Concepts are illustrated with grand landscapes and more intimate scenes, captured throughout the day and at night. I’ll share the thought processes and field craft that took them to another level.
• Lessons in the Art of Seeing
• Possibilities presented under special weather & lighting conditions
• Using light and shadow to add depth and drama
• Articulating what we perceive and feel, then transferring that into imagery
• Compositional choices – visual flow, image design, compelling vantage points
• Exploring with telephoto lenses
• White balance selection
• Color and textural contrasts
• Showcasing landscape colors by including pure whites and blacks
• Fall foliage – converting the brilliant colors to black and white
• What video and time-lapse can teach us about shooting stills
• Painterly landscapes using impressionistic techniques, in-camera and beyond
Sometimes inspiration came during post-production. I’ll share processing lessons on creating a light path to guide viewers’ eyes, artistic dodging and burning, selective color and contrast control, and more.
It’s a monumental presentation for all skill levels. Fresh. Creative. Informative.